Header image  
 

  

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
  Update time!

So I wasn't quite happy with the finish on the pieces once I had clear coated them. The problem was it had a bit too much orange peel, and while it was glossier than straight color coat it just wasn't quite enough. So, I decided to use one of the 5.25 covers to experiment on. I sanded it down with 1500 I think it was and immediately had cut through the clear coat and was sanding color off, but only around the edges. The piece was just too uneven for a sanding block to work. So I immediately stopped and reapplied the clear coat but this time I went thick and hoped for the best. I applied it heavy enough that the clear coat started to look milky on the surface of the piece. That worried me a bit but once it dried and cured I got exactly what I was shooting for.
2ndWorklog

Photographing glossy is hard!
2ndWorklog

Lesson learned: Heavier coats help to keep the clear coat more fluid and minimizes orange peel.

I also got a couple parts in the mail.
2ndWorklog

Heres the top.
2ndWorklog

120 mm Billet Aluminum
2ndWorklog

I think what I'll do for the front is use that piece of modders mesh and the disc from cutting out the front panel to press the mesh through the hole so it sits flush with the front of the case.

Anyway, more to come later.

 

Page: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5